Alanis, which is being backed by Deutsche Bank, has been selected as the preferred bidder for the assets by a court-appointed examiner
Alanis Capital, a property fund controlled by the McCormack family, is paying €89 million to take control of the hotel and property empire built by the Galway developer Gerry Barrett.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry’s most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post’s extensive archive